Maxima Health Insurance Company is one of the six insurance companies which provide health insurance for foreigners in the Czech Republic. Against the rival insurance companies Maxima insurance company offers really affordable insurance for students, who want to study in the Czech Republic.
Maxima insurance company also provides a very special product, which is established for foreigners, who would like to come to the Czech Republic for the reason of undergoing surgical treatment.
Maxima insurance company offers the whole portfolio of insurance products. For example property and liability insurance and also accident insurance and hospitalization insurance.
Which types of health insurance for foreigners does MAXIMA insurance company offer?
Maxima provides three basic products:
- Foreigners’ complex medical insurance
- Foreigners’ emergency Medical Care Insurance
- Health insurance for foreigners MaxMedical Tour
Foreigners’ emergency Medical Care Insurance – acute and emergency health insurance for foreigners
Foreigners’ emergency Medical Care Insurance from Maxima is the equivalent of acute and emergency health insurance for foreigners. This type of insurance is normally arranged for short term residence in the Czech Republic.
With this product it is possible to arrange two types of territorial validity either in the Czech Republic or in the Schengen area.
Do Foreigners’ emergency Medical Care Insurance expenses from Maxima include expenses for medicines?
Yes, this type of insurance also covers expenses for medicines at the maximum of 5000,- Czech Crowns.
What about dental care? Is it also included?
Yes, dental care is included but only in the case of urgent issues at the maximum of 5000,- Czech Crowns.
Can I specify my limit of insurance coverage?
The limit of insurance coverage is possible to specify on your own for additional payment.
Prices and varieties of Foreigners’ emergency Medical Care from MAXIMA insurance company
Prices for health insurance for foreigners from Maxima insurance company are influenced by the period for which is your insurance arranged.
- Price from CZK 400 per month / CZK 4 600 per year.
- Insurance covers the cost associated with acute medical intervention.
- Indemnity limit of repatriation is maximum CZK 300 thousand of the total limit.
- Insurance meets the conditions set forth by Act No. 277/2009 Coll. and Act No. 326/1999 Coll., on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Territory of the Czech Republic.
- Insurance applies to the territory of the Czech Republic and the transit countries.
- Total indemnity limit EUR 80 thousand.
- The insurance benefits limit per insured event is EUR 60 thousand.
- Dental treatment is included (limit CZK 5 thousand).
- Price from CZK 500 per month / CZK 5 000 per year.
- Insurance applies to the territory of the Schengen countries.
Foreigners’ complex medical insurance
Health insurance company MAXIMA offers Foreigners’ emergency Medical Care Insurance as well as Foreigners’ complex medical insurance with additional insurance for pregnant women and child.
Foreigners’ complex medical insurance from Maxima insurance company fulfill all requirements for obtaining permanent residence in the Czech Republic.
Prices and varieties of Foreigners’ complex medical insurance from MAXIMA insurance company
- Price from CZK 7 400 per year or CZK 3 800 per six month.
- In the frames of Amendment of the Act 326/99 Coll.
- Total insurance benefits limit for dental treatment is CZK 5 thousand.
- Indemnity limit of repatriation is maximum CZK 400 thousand of the total limit.
- STANDARD – MAXIFLEX: Comprehensive insurance for foreigners with a guaranteed return of unused premiums.
- PREGNANCY: Comprehensive insurance with an indemnity limit EUR 80 thousand for pregnant mothers.
- BABY: insurance for newborns till two years of life.
Pregnancy – the price is 44 000,- Czech Crowns: it is health insurance for foreigners including coverage during pregnancy and childbirth.
Pregnancy Basic – the price is 48 000,- Czech Crowns: it is health insurance for foreigners including coverage during pregnancy and childbirth with additional care for the baby after childbirth with the limit at the maximum of 100 thousands Czech Crowns
Pregnancy Plus – the price is 54 000,- Czech Crowns: it is health insurance for foreigners including coverage during pregnancy and childbirth with additional care for the baby after childbirth with the limit at the maximum of 500 thousands Czech Crowns.
This insurance product is determined for children from age 0 to 3.
BABY – the price is 18 000,- Czech Crowns: it is foreigners complex medical insurance including preventive examinations and comprehensive care for the baby.
MaxMedical Tour Risks Insurance
Health insurance for foreigners from Maxima insurance company also offers a special product MaxMedical Tour. It is a special product, which is determined for foreigners, who want to come to the Czech Republic due to healthcare.
Why come to the Czech Republic due to medical healthcare?
The hospitals in the Czech Republic are at the top in Europe. The medical surgeries and healthcare connected with them is affordable against the healthcare in other states of the European Union.
Assistance service for health insurance for foreigners MAXIMA are provided by the company EuroCross Assistance. In case you need any help, you can contact them on the telephone number: +420 296 339 685.
Frequently asked questions about health insurance for foreigners from Maxima insurance company
How can I cancel my insurance contract in Maxima insurance company?
The cancellation of your contract is possible to do with one-step – you have to write and send a registered letter about the cancellation to the Maxima insurance company.
Maxima also prepares a form for the cancellation of your contract which is possible to electronically fill and send.
Exclusions of health insurance for foreigners from Maxima insurance company
Your insurance is invalid if your health problem is written in exclusions which you should obtain with your contract.
Examples of exclusion
It is not possible to take out from your insurance policy if you need long term physiotherapy care which is not directly necessary for your health condition. Also, plastic surgeries or aesthetic surgeries are not covered by Maxima.
Other exclusions are venereal diseases and health issues connected with the consumption of alcohol or narcotics.
Are preventive examinations included in health insurance for foreigners from Maxima?
The Preventive examinations are included in the complex type they contain:
- One preventive examination per year at a general practitioner.
- One preventive examination per year at a dentist.
- One preventive examination per year for women at a gynecologist.
Foreigners’ complex medical insurance from MAXIMA insurance company contains rehabilitation after injury, which has to be prescribed by a doctor.
What should I do in case of injury?
If an injury happens, you have to report it through the assistance services, which also provide confirmation of insurance coverage.
If the situation does not enable that to happen, you have to contact the assistance services at least 5 days after the injury via email.
The termination of your contract
The contract ends by the expiration of the insurance period – exactly at 00:00 hours in the day which is arranged as the day of expiration.
The insurance contract can also terminated in the case of deportation from the country or if the client becomes a participant of the public health insurance.